A blog is not a book :-)

This blog is written in International English, the fluid ever evolving dialect of people in the Western World who are broadening their mental horizons, exploring different ways of being beyond their own cultural programming.


One request to all readers, but especially the native English speakers: please assess the quality and usability of the texts on this blog using the dictionary and grammar book of your soul.


I write on this blog what I feel inspired to write, when I feel inspired to write it, in no particular order. I hope you'll enjoy the fuzzy logic behind it too.


30 Jun 2015

Good Things

About 3 years ago, I actively changed the core settings of my operating system, which changed my life at high speed.
I was working with an operating system 2T, but decided, having been introduced to and intrigued by the Law of Attraction to see what would happen if I started to use 3GT.  I followed a strange curiosity founded in a deep sense of knowing,

2T, is dividing the world in two things: Good Things and Bad Things.
It works very simple if I sketch roughly its core characteristics.
things are either good or bad. If something isn’t 100% intrinsically good under all circumstances... that means it is actually a bad thing. Bad things need to be removed out of my reality (either actively by pushing or rejecting it if they hold a threat, or passively by not giving it attention, ignoring it).

3GT, is short for: There are only Good Things, but they come in 3 flavours: things to enjoy right away, things to learn from and things to let (harmoniously, peacefully) pass.

The main difference is obviously in the way I deal with challenging situations.
Understanding that all things are there for a good reason, helps me to open my eyes and hold situations in my attention, applying what I call ‘ kind eyes’ onto it.
Kind eyes, doesn’t mean that I have to like what is presenting itself or have to agree with it.
It simply means that it gets attention, a wonderment treatment.
In wonderment, more meaningful connections are seen, more understanding is gained than in any active or passive rejection modus operandi.

A lot of creative energy is freed up by not constantly having to process if  any ‘ this’ is a good thing or a bad thing. A lot of resources are saved by not demolishing meaningful things in my life, that got the ‘ bad treatment’ by not giving me what I hoped for under all circumstances (and than having to do a lot of repair work) . A lot of energy is saved by not chasing to find those 100% intrinsically good, fascinating, fun, stimulating, inspiring things anymore.

Has this change of tactics brought me what I hoped for?
Can I recommend it?

On most days I’d say ‘ yes’ on both scores. Wholeheartedly.
It has brought me a sense of feeling alive, of knowing what my role in this life is and enjoying the amount of things I’ve learned, enjoying myself in the process.
I then look at my circumstances and see how blessed I am, living in a beautiful place, being involved in various interesting projects with fascinating people, learning everyday about ‘ life’ and the role human beings play in it, the influence people have on the quality for it ( for themselves and others) by the choices they make, seeing abundance of everything I need.

On other days, and luckily it is just a few, because these are the really deeply challenging days, there is DOUBT and great confusion on what to make of it all. They always involve inner conflicts in my belief system, on a deep core level.

Probably my deepest cry in the deep is:” I don’t understand this! I really don’t understand this!”
Not understanding a system, feeling unable to see any joy in a pattern in a situation I am involved in, no matter how I look at it,  is purgatory to me.  
I don’t enjoy my perplexity at all, kind eyes and wonderment aren’t getting a joyful understanding of the situation and my core values are so much involved that I can’t let it simply pass harmoniously and peacefully. (3G error) Tempted to call it a bad thing ( considering going back to using the old ways of 2T)..... I do see that that is not leading me back to Joy either.... I feel completely out of sorts.

I surrender this situation to the Knowing, to guide me.

I wrote a couple of articles about living in Joy, where I call Joy my home base and describe how I ‘sail’ my vessel ‘ the Souldream’.

Completely loosing track of Joy,  feeling swept away from my vessel in a vortex of all confusing and contradicting sensations feels like losing my home base. I deeply feel at a loss, losing my anchor to always be able to connect with a sense of Self.

If I was wondering where my home is and how long I would like to stay there..... moments like this confirm what a home bird I am:  I really don’t ever want to leave Joy permanently. Yes, I go out on my vessel  ‘the Souldream’ on the Sea of Wonderment, which can be stormy and turbulent at times, but Understanding connects me with the rock solid foundations of Joy, always.
Understanding this now, it manoeuvres the whole situation back into familiar territory: a Good Thing to learn from.

Showing me (once again) how challenging learning opportunities can be when they touch on several core values, because it is so close to home.... it is home.

So, do I teach this on the Royal Academy of Joy in the course ‘ sailing the Souldream’?
I think I just did.




No comments:

Post a Comment