A blog is not a book :-)

This blog is written in International English, the fluid ever evolving dialect of people in the Western World who are broadening their mental horizons, exploring different ways of being beyond their own cultural programming.


One request to all readers, but especially the native English speakers: please assess the quality and usability of the texts on this blog using the dictionary and grammar book of your soul.


I write on this blog what I feel inspired to write, when I feel inspired to write it, in no particular order. I hope you'll enjoy the fuzzy logic behind it too.


26 Jul 2015

SYMYDY and collective consciousness

Anybody who has lived in my close proximity in the last three years has been exposed to one of my guiding phrases: Say ‘yes’, mean ‘yes’ and do ‘yes’.( SYMYDY).

Life runs so much smoother, I find, when people do (‘yes’) what is in line with their own true values (mean ‘yes’) and communicate about their true actions and true values (‘yes’), all openly, without adding extra tension .
Extra tension is added when observable true values that are being known in that instant, are being held back, not allowed to be openly known and taken into account.

What I notice is that most people have developed a form of collective consciousness that I can call sequential. They take one interaction at the time and manage them in sequence of appearance, depending on their perception of the collective in that instant. What is expected of me in the group that I am a part of right now, is the leading question.
They hop from collective to collective and act in line with what appears to be expected, there.

And trust me, when we are in a collective, we are wired to be in touch with what is expected and desired! Our auto-tuning system picks up on that, without fail.

Now, the last 48 hours came with an avalanche of examples where the effects of the sequential approach of collective consciousness were shown to me.

I had to apply quite a lot of (positive= joyful) wonderment to the observations in order to see beyond the various effects it had on me.
Effects that varied between slight puzzlement with an amusing element to it, to complete frustration and anger( depending on the extend I felt thwarted in my rhythm and flow as a result of somebody else’s choices and actions)

I’ll pick an example form the row of examples that was relatively mild in its effects, but also very clear.

It was changeover day in the castle the two of us are looking after.

The guests have agreed to leave at 10 o’clock, giving us enough time to swap the bedding and clean the place before the next guest can arrive, as from 16.00.
It is a vast place, everybody can see that. We need most of that time to get it all done.

As from 9.00 there was busyness, the guests where gathering their things, sticking the rubbish in the wheelie bins etcetera.

We were around and so, regularly, we exchanged a few words.
In the five conversations I had with various adult members of the party, always the process of leaving was topic:
  • They asked what time they were supposed to leave and confirmed that that would happen, since they were all on the case.
  • They all promised that they would say their goodbyes in person to us, just before they would leave.
  • They were all showing their ‘ being busy to get ready to leave’ to us, by moving at high speed over the gravel.
  • Making comments that they, the adults, were already ready, but that it was the three teenagers who needed to wake up and get ready.

Nice words, nice smiles. All very pleasant.
10 o’clock came and went.

I knew that the new guests were not likely to arrive at 4 o’clock sharp, so I looked at it with slight amusement, knowing that we’d have time to do the cleaning, even if these guests needed some more time. There was no need to try to persuade them to speed things up.
The main challenge I had to cope with was that there wasn’t much I could do meanwhile. ‘Waiting’ is not among my preferred activities in life, so I found a magazine I could read in, that I could drop easily when they would be ready to say goodbye and go.

11 o’clock came and went.

At some point we heard that they were done in the bedrooms and we could start work in there.
It was when I was carrying the laundry to the place where the washing machines are, that I found all but one sitting in their cars, ready to go.
When I came back to the car, now empty handed (easier to say goodbyes properly)  the last person said ‘ bye to me and from the car came waves and some said: ‘ say goodbye to Richard from us, will you?’

11.30 and off they went.
Nice words, nice smiles, my smile slightly bemused and puzzled, I think.

Richard was disappointed that they had left without giving him a chance to say goodbye.
I was bemused about all the ‘ acting’; that had been going on to ....... to what exactly? To convince us of something happening, that wasn’t really happening at all.
I phrased it  as : ‘say something, to please us (?)  but  do something completely different’

In the light of the theme of this blog post, I’d say that this was a beautiful example of how sequential collective consciousness is put in action.

Every time one of the guests was speaking to us, a small collective was formed. Given their words, they were well aware of our values, needs and desires, concerning their actions. Probably also willing to act accordingly.

However, every time they stepped back into the house, our little collective was forgotten about, or at least faded into the background reality of their current  group collective, a completely different field of needs, desires and expectations of everybody. An energy field, a dynamic with more influence on the behaviour of the individuals,  apparently .....observing the doing, that was a result of it.

Is this just an example of sequential collective consciousness? Farfetched even, an exception of ‘ those people’ , not worth standing still and looking at, really? Not having anything to do with your reality?

Well, let’s extrapolate on the principle, see if it rings a bell in your reality.

Do you say to your boss that you are entirely happy doing something after hours?
Do you complain with your co-workers about the work load and how unreasonable the boss is?
Do you then say to your partner that you are not happy with it but had to....when she complains that you were not in time for this special dinner, as promised?

Yes, in every situation mentioned above you may be saying the things the people in that audience desire to hear from  you and you may even mean it, in that instant and have the intention to act accordingly.(SYMYDY)

But then you step into the reality of another collective, sensing the different vibes of needs and desires, you sequentially go with that flow. Saying the things the people in that new audience desire to hear from  you and you may even mean that, in that instant and have the intention to act accordingly too.(SYMYDY again)
All is still well if those actions simply happen to coincide.... or... if the collectives never meet and the observables different truths of what you say and what you do don’t come to the light.

But your boss is likely not to be amused to find out that you say you are happy in his face, and you expressing the exact opposite to your co-workers.
Your partner is probably not amused hearing your boss cheerfully explain to her in the supermarket that you volunteered eagerly among many candidates of co-workers to work on Wednesday evening. Wasn’t that the exact same evening you promised to spend with her but cancelled last minute because you said you were almost forced to work?

Of course, you can say that the reaction of the boss and your partner to this snippet of information being revealed is completely up to them. They chose to perceive it in a certain way and therefore chose their emotional response to it. Part of the truth, I would say, you can’t be held responsible for how people perceive your behaviour.
But can you be held responsible for you actual observable actions......?
Can people inquire with you how what you say relates to what you do and inform you about the effects your choices have on them?

Yes, that may be a scary thought.
But in my experience, it is not as difficult as it may seem.
There is at least one very good reason for that.

Most people are aware, know from their own experience, that it is not always easy to juggle various roles and responsibilities. We’ve all been there, we are all under the influence of sensing the vibes of the needs and desires of the collective you are physically in right now being very strong, impacting on values in other collectives you are a part of. Doing something that has an unpleasant impact on somebody else we hold dear, is no fun, we all know that.

If and when it happens and you are open about what happened and are clearly willing to see the position of the other and the effects, the consequences your choices of actions have caused and you show you’ve learned from it, it is soon a thing of the past, solved in peace.

Things start to look less peaceful when a part of a collective is not showing willingness to work with (all of ) it, move with its dynamics, taking all relevant  parts at least most of the time into account in words as well as in observable aligned actions.....doing justice to the available talents and resources to flow abundantly and dynamically.
That has consequences for the structural integrity of the collective and the dynamics in it.

Apparently, I have a strong sense of con-sequential collective consciousness.
What consequences do my choices and action shave, not only in the (small) collective I am currently physically and energetically in contact with ( the person or the group involved in the task at hand), but for all the people I am in touch with, involved with, the whole composition I am a part of. Are all available resources in the flow, being used, allowed to freely contribute what they can?

Yes, this is a meta-physical awareness.
But not in some airy fairy explanation of the unseen that is completely inconsequential to the physical reality of our lives... (!)
Yes, indeed, it is with an awareness of the collectives I cannot see right now, I am not currently aware of, in my real-time e-scape. But being a part of those collectives is by me understood to be consequential in the endless sequences of e-scapes I’ll encounter.
I am constantly not only aware of the individual transaction I make in that instant, but also on how this transaction fits in all the transactions I make and value, also with other collectives I am a part of. From that awareness, having very little to do with any airy fairy esoteric philosophical theory, I am coordinating my choices to a coherent, harmonious composition that anybody can inquire about at any moment of any day, to contribute what I can to peace, pleasure and harmoney, for all involved.

Meta-..... ‘ beyond’ , implying ‘coordinated’ and being about itself ( meta-communication is communicating about the communication... keeping an eye on the process of communication, the patterns and structure beyond each individual expression)

You may think there is an easy way to stay out of the troubles that arise when you are not harmonising all your say ‘ yes’ to.

Some people try to make this paradox work:
They promise themselves: “ I never make a promise to anybody again.”

Apart from the obvious observation that you are breaking the only promise you apparently find useful to make, with the one person you can’t escape from no matter in what collective you are present: yourself.....
...unless you decide to live far away from all living beings...... it is something you are not able to do.

Try one day avoiding constructions as:” I am going to.....”, “ I shall........”, “ I’ll be....”
No matter how many promises you allow yourself not to make or keep, making plans is part  of your human nature, as is communicating about it. If it is not in words, than you still do it in energy and people pick up on it. They will see you act, either accordingly, in line with your own vibes, or not, but in either case, they’ll interact with your actions, your choices and your vibes.

You may think:” But in saying ‘ I am going to....” I am not making any promise to anybody. It is an inconsequential statement of a plan, I can change my mind about it anytime and do something else!”

Well, I am not stopping you from that experiment, if you think it is a fun one to conduct.

Let me know if you’ve found proof that inconsequential exist.
I am curious to see what that looks like. 
I haven’t experienced it so far in 43 years.



No comments:

Post a Comment