A blog is not a book :-)

This blog is written in International English, the fluid ever evolving dialect of people in the Western World who are broadening their mental horizons, exploring different ways of being beyond their own cultural programming.


One request to all readers, but especially the native English speakers: please assess the quality and usability of the texts on this blog using the dictionary and grammar book of your soul.


I write on this blog what I feel inspired to write, when I feel inspired to write it, in no particular order. I hope you'll enjoy the fuzzy logic behind it too.


26 Jul 2015

Definition of collective consciousness

All my blog posts are related to my here and now everyday reality.
Themes come and go , present themselves to me in the events of everyday living.
Every wave of experiences brings new angles to fly, inspiration on talking about The Collective Consciousness.

In the last 48 hours, today’s theme really leaped at me. I couldn’t turn a corner or there would be another facet of this theme, in books, magazines, dreams, events as they unfolded in my presence.
An continuous stream of examples, something else to wonder about, related to this.

This morning, on waking up, I knew how almost everything I lied my eyes on was adding indications to the pile of ‘material for this theme’. With a smile I saw that a blog about The Collective Consciousness  is not complete without talking about collective consciousness.


Sometimes, things are so obvious to you, that you really don’t give it much explicit thought.
Philosophers are knows to say:” If the fish were studying life, water would be the last thing they’d discover and talk about.”

Well, I’ve talked for over 70 blog posts now over the Source of Information that surrounds us, at all times. It supports us all. It has a natural flow we can chose to go against, or we can allow it to propel us forward in life with ease and grace.

To me, it is natural and a joy to splash around  in it, day in day out, exploring it’s characteristics and share my finds, since I consider using it such an asset to the quality of life that I can recommend it to anybody.
I also know that most people, at this point in time, would qualify it as something from the supernatural. Airy fairy, spiritual babble about ‘ energy’, not related to the reality of everyday life.
Theoretical and Metaphysical... who cares about such things if you’ve got your hands full dealing with the Practical and the Physical?
This morning I saw the bridge between the two.
Let me talk this time not about the Collective Consciousness, the Knowing, written with Capitals to indicate that I mean the Metaphysical version of it, that may seem so theoretical and so many of us don’t consider consequential to the quality of life.
Let me talk this time about collective consciousness, written in small print to indicate that I mean the practical version of it. The version we all experience, while living and working with other people.

What is collective consciousness?
It is an awareness ( consciousness) of living and working with other people ( collective(s)).
It is an awareness of cause and effect, in as much that, choices and actions of a single person, influence the group( dynamics). That means, knowing that there is always an effect for the other people playing a part in the group(s) this person is part of. Sometimes small, sometimes large.


This is my ‘ theoretical definition’. In my next post, I’ll illustrate it on a very practical level.

No comments:

Post a Comment