A blog is not a book :-)

This blog is written in International English, the fluid ever evolving dialect of people in the Western World who are broadening their mental horizons, exploring different ways of being beyond their own cultural programming.


One request to all readers, but especially the native English speakers: please assess the quality and usability of the texts on this blog using the dictionary and grammar book of your soul.


I write on this blog what I feel inspired to write, when I feel inspired to write it, in no particular order. I hope you'll enjoy the fuzzy logic behind it too.


1 Jul 2015

A wonderful life

After all the serious stuff from lately, now back to a more seriously playful note:

A spiritual wisdom is:” be the change you’d like to see”
( O yeah, and make sure you mean it too and do it well, because for some reason  -you can’t fool the Universe-....if you don’t mean it, you are not doing it well, it doesn’t work).

Follow this quick (neuro-) logical recipe to leading a wonderful life.

Here is the logic:
“ I’d like to experience a wonderful life.”
Applying:” Be the change you’d like to see”  =  you have got to BE wonderful.
Fair enough.

First challenge then becomes:
How to be wonderful?

(Any wonderful person has no trouble being it, it is effortless... but if you consider yourself to be a beginner in being wonderful... how you can step into that way of being might not be as obvious... creating a HUGE catch 22 situation with lots of doubt and tension).

Well, let’s stay playful and calm here and dissect this issue to its simplest essence.

Common language is a great help here, any 6 year old knows this:
If you happily and confidently ARE something, you can construct a simple very informative sentence describing  what your happy days are full of, along these lines:
  • I am (noun, indicating something), I ( verb, indicating time investments) a lot.
  • I am a cyclist, I cycle a lot.
  • I am a baker, I bake a lot.
  • I am a builder, I build a lot.
  • I am a painter, I paint a lot.

Any 6 year old quickly sees a pattern here.... noun and verb have a lot in common!

Now, ask this 6 year old for clues on how to BE full of wonder.
This expert in self-development ( look at  what this child has accomplished on that score in the last few years, with a lot of play and paying attention to what is going on!) may not need more than 2 nano seconds to come up with:

  • I am a wonder, I wonder a lot.

Any six year old, even wrapped in an older skin, reading this blog on the Knowing might have noticed that some of the trippy speech recognition tools start with ‘ I wonder’.....
(this one and this one)

  • I wonder if that is a coincidence.....?
  • I wonder if I could play with that myself.....?
  • I wonder if it works for me too......?
  • I wonder how I can experiment with that.....?
  • I wonder who came up with this......?*
Suddenly, you find yourself in a life full of wonder, (with a big smile on your face?).......
Wondering now what else you can BE, apart from wonderful, now you've mastered that.....?

*This blog post was brought with a big smile and elegant grace to you by my inner 6 year old, who has a tendency not only to make me smile a lot, but also to point out simple, wonderful, playful methods of self-development where adults are just simply making it all far too complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment