A blog is not a book :-)

This blog is written in International English, the fluid ever evolving dialect of people in the Western World who are broadening their mental horizons, exploring different ways of being beyond their own cultural programming.


One request to all readers, but especially the native English speakers: please assess the quality and usability of the texts on this blog using the dictionary and grammar book of your soul.


I write on this blog what I feel inspired to write, when I feel inspired to write it, in no particular order. I hope you'll enjoy the fuzzy logic behind it too.


29 May 2015

The balloonist

I had great fun, writing my blog posts yesterday and the ‘confetti balloon’ stuck with me a while longer.
I liked how the image (in words and picture) illustrated what I do as a the writer of this blog on the Knowing.
Today, I like to use the same image, because it dawned on me how it is also very suitable to describe what I do as an unconventional life coach, with a two-way active connection to the Knowing.

Everybody in this world can call themselves a life coach and in a way, everybody is.
One: you are coaching yourself to make the most of life.
Two: you are probably coaching and encouraging others to make the most of life too.

But not everybody would put it in their top 3 of functions they fulfil in life. Not everybody mentions it as part of their main tasks of making contributions to society, when somebody asks:” What is it you do ....?”
Although my top 3 may vary, it consistently contains since three years:  writer and life coach.

In most countries I am aware of, you don’t need official qualifications and training to become a professional life coach. In the 90’s I studied ‘ human interactions’. The bachelor degree I got, didn’t only qualify me to work as a teacher, but also a life coach.
Although I ended up working in the field of ‘ information management’ as a middle-and project manager in the public domain..... I never stopped being fascinated by human interactions, observe and learn what people can do to improve the quality of their lives. Meanwhile practising my own skills in what I can contribute to improve the quality of life.

This is roughly where the conventional part of my life coaching ends.

Most life coaches have an office, with an agenda and they book appointments with clients to come and talk. After the talk, the client pays the fee for the hour.  (This is the only reason why I call other life coaches  here conventional... because this  work flow method is common practise.)

My work flow is substantially different.
Of course,  I also work for people with a desire to change, who are willing to play an active part in that process, who find it difficult to sort it out completely by themselves or within their social circles. This is why a person wants a life coach in the first place.

However , the clients I work with, on some level all actively on the lookout for this type of support, have all their reasons why they can’t book an appointment , go to an office and talk about it.

Much more can be said about that and I may do so, some other time.
For now, this sketches the scene for what this blog post is intended to convey: an image that describes well what happens in my work flow, when I do my supportive work with someone.

Use your imagination, here we go, into the non-literal world of analogy:

My mind is like a balloon factory.
I source my ingredients everywhere: picking up what I find and looking with interest at what is presented to me through all the channels open to me ( my senses, open to all directions).

All the material made available to me, goes through my own systems.
There, they get sorted, touched, felt, experienced, analysed.
(Like a recycling station, yes, at times that is a noisy, rattling process, especially when there are strong feelings in amongst the lot presented to be processed: I feel them(!), because I allow all information to be known and be understood of its meaning. Feelings are great carriers of information, not always the most easy and comfortable to deal with, however.)

I know what somebody’s intentions are, what he or she is aiming at to achieve.
I know, feeling into the material, which ‘ facts’ are actually outdated but still get too much meaning  attributed to it and which facts get too little attention, but are becoming ( more) important.

That is not a personal opinion nor a (harsh) judgement on people ( doing wrong)... it is an observation, based on the experience of going through the (energetically conveyed)  material, relating it to knowing what the people want.
( Again, like in a recycling station. The people who work there pick out stuff that they know can be re-used as it is, maybe with small modifications, worthwhile and assess that other stuff is to be shredded and recycled in another form)

I know when I am looking in the right (not as opposite to wrong, but as most effective, with least effort) direction for solutions, because all my reliable sources on the matter indicate simultaneously the very same thing, not so much in words, as in energy:
-          The person I work with
-          My system ( my own experience)
-          The Knowing ( the combined experience of all conscious beings)

Then I up-cycle the material.
I create a new beautiful confetti balloon from it.

I shred the outdated facts into happy joyfull confetti (make them smaller and disconnect the data from their attributed, no longer well-serving  meaning).
I also blow up the (now becoming more ) relevant data.
I create from them the flexible shape with structural integrity and room to grow bigger, develop (the balloon).
I can hand it all over separately, for the people who wish to look at the pile of shredded outdated facts, feel them, play with them and, if they so wish, stick them in the balloon in which they breathe life.
Usually, I  put the cheerfully coloured residue of outdated facts, in the balloon, fill it with some air and stick a special valve in the filling-hole, so nothing can escape from it, inviting the other to breathe more life into it and make it as big as they like.
That way, they are not only presenting more cheerful and joyful than flat and floppy, but a beautiful balloon ready to party with, is also more noticeable, more ‘ obvious’, then wrapped in paper in amongst all the other things that fight for your attention in everyday live.

I ship the whole packet, where I hold on to nothing of the original information material (carriers) .
It is only the registration of the experience that stays behind and a copy of the whole transaction  goes to the Knowing, too, to complete the transaction in mutual life support.
I know that at the base of my work lies the understanding:
I support life, life supports me.
I share my resources openly and abundantly and when I make a significant relevant difference, that favour is returned. Always.

One final note.
The material I receive is not taken from the person I work with in any way.
I am not shredding facts in his or her belief system. Even if I wanted.... I can’t, it is not my role to do such a thing in somebody else’s belief system.
What I have received, what has been send to me, is ‘ a copy’ of the material and I am working with that, processing that in my belief system.

That also means that the simple fact of noticing any of my balloons ( made-to-measure to your  personal situation or on blog or my website) and only admiring them for their colours and shape or ingenuity, is not making similar changes in your system!

If you would like that as an outcome of looking at these balloons, you have got at least three choices:
1)      You need to breathe life in the balloon, actively blowing it up further,  using it on your party, or
2)      Shred the balloon! Stick a needle in it and enjoy the ‘ bang’. Look what rattles in your belief system ( prime suspects to be shredded too!).
Every single balloon I create has the vibrational essence of the process of its’ creation in it. If you expose yourself to that vibration, it conveys in energy the procedure to your system on how it is done. All it takes than is allowing your system to start using the same process.
3)      create your own balloons, having been inspired on how it is done.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment